Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Friday, March 12, 2010

None For The Show letter to the editor 2

I Think killer whales should be returned to the wild and set free. I don't agree with your out of the times statement though, because I thing a lot of people would like to see a whale at sea world. Though I do think that killer whales belong in their natural habitat. Whales are mammals too and they should be treated as such. I agree that their tanks are too small for them an that is another reason they should bring them back to the wild. I have seen their tanks and I don't think the sea dwelling creatures like how they have limited places to swim. 
I do not have complete sympathy for them either though. I was deeply saddened when I heard about the four people who died in cause of the black and white beast. I think the trainers for the whales should have some kind of protection against the whales if they are pulled under. It's so sad that a whale killed it's trainers, even if it thinks it's playing with them it's still not right. Like what I always say, Never bit the hand that feeds you. Then to think of telling the families you would have to tell, what would you say, 'I'm sorry but your son/daughter was drowned by a whale they were training'? It's horrible, just horrible.
If you think about it, what would the people who watch the shows really want? Higher prices on tickets so they can watch a killer whale suffer and destroy human life, or pay less with minus the killer whale, still having a good time and less life would be lost. I mean, is that really what the KILLER means in killer whale? I hope it's just a coincidence.

~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment