Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Monday, March 8, 2010

When I get home from school the last thing I want to do is homework. It might be different if it was just a page but I think we have too much homework.

For example, last Tuesday we had a game in Stueben, which is pretty far away. After the game I got home around 8:30 I was tired so I was gonna go to bed. I look in my bag real quick and remembered all the homework I had to do so I stayed up till 11 at night getting it all done! Then the next day I did terrible in school because I was so tired. 

We go to school for 7 hours a day. Our parents usually say “ don’t complain, we work all day”. Well, we go to school all day and we do just as much as our parents. When I come home I want to rest I worked all day in school but no I cant rest i have to do a few HOURS of homework.

Our “working” parents get to come home and rest. I think we should be able to just come home and rest too. I lose a lot of sleep because of homework. I stay up till late hours because I have basketball. So when I come home at eight at night from a game, I have to stay up till 11 getting my homework done. I wake up at 6 i need my sleep. When i come to school Im tired and its hard to listen and be alert causing bad grades. All this is caused because of homework.

Or maybe teachers can work out deals with the students. For example maybe if we are good in class we don’t get homework but if we are bad we get homework. I understand homework is kind of a tradition. My math teacher, for example, always says, “Don’t complain. When i was a kid i had 50 or 60 questions a night! That was her life 40 years ago but things have changed, we have technology making it easier to learn and personally having homework does not make me smarter. Usually it does not help me if I get stuck there is no one there to help me. Then when i come to school and say i didn’t get it. The teachers don’t believe me and say it was just a excuse.

One more thing homework causes a lot of stress especially when you don’t get it done. Man am, I scared when I forget to do a assignment. And like I said, I play basketball and if you don’t get your homework you get a detention. So when I forget to do my homework, I rush to get it done causing it to not be done right.

So all together i think homework is a bad idea and it causes all of these things maybe teachers could do the homework in class so they can help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment