Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Convincing Mom

Dear Editor

I think that it is important to get a job in highschool.

The first reason to get a job is that I need the money for school supplies, snacks and clothes. For example some of the school supplies are pencils, notebooks, pens.I also need snacks like crackers, popcorn, chips and cookies. In High school you should dress nicely so I will need shirts skirts and dresses. If I am working after school I can buy things my self and help mom out.

Another reason is to buy a car. If I had a car I could drive to places and help my mom out with chores.
If I had a car I need to buy gas and to repair the car. If I had a job I can pay for the car.

My last reason is to buy a dog if it is okay to my mom for I can buy a dog. I should buy a dog because the dog can be my friend at home. I want a dog that does not bite people also I want the dog to bark at burglars.


Sincerly Amanda Aley

1 comment:

  1. Dear Amanda,

    I remember when I was in high school I had a job working as a waitress across the street from the house I grew up in. My dad allowed me to start working when I was 17 and I loved it. I also raked blueberries every year starting in seventh grade. I like your position about working because I believe work gives you confidence and a love for independence and YOU sound like you are looking forward to more independence. Go slowly.

    ReplyDelete