Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Too Much Homework!

Dear Editor,

I believe that teachers should have a limit for how much homework they can give. We spend most of the day at school during the week anyway and when we have a lot of homework we have almost no time to do anything but school work and we have no time for things that we want to do.
We are in school for seven hours each day. Add about an hour each day to complete homework and writing projects and independent reading. We might as well just add on to the school day. So I believe that schools should have a limit on homework to give students some time to be kids and do what they want to do.
When I get home from a long day at school the last thing I want to do is an hour of homework. I believe that almost everyone else has this opinion to. If there was a limit on homework we would be less tired and less likely to fail because we will have enough time to do all of it and then the teachers won’t yell at us for not having our homework done.
Thank you and I hope my classmates share my opinion.

Sincerely,
Jacob Norton
Hancock, ME

2 comments: