Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Finding Your Next Great Book

Dear People if the Blog,



This is how I choose the books that I read. I choose books in a few different ways. The first step I always do when choosing a book is look at the cover and the title. I know that you’re not supposed to judge books by their cover but I believe that to me it feels natural to and I do, but I don’t completely toss a book to the side if I don’t enjoy the cover.
The next step that I usually do to determine if I will read a book is read the back (or inside of the book jacket) of the book to get a jest of what the book is about. Also, I try to figure out what genre the book is. If I liked the book so far I will then turn to a random page and read it. If I know almost all of the words (not all) and it seems to be close to my reading level I might then read the first chapter and see if it interests me enough to want to read it. In the first chapter I could tell the point of view and the setting (sometimes) this usually influences my decision about reading a book.
Also I tend to recognize what my friends and family around me are reading. I like to get recommendations from my friends because my friends and I tend to have similar taste in books. The steps that I have told you about are the ways in which I usually choose my books. I hope this helped you find your next good book.
Sincerely,
Jared B.

1 comment: