Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Which Book to Choose?

Which Book to Choose?


I choose books with a couple of different ways. The first way I would choose a book, would be to see what cover looks interesting. I know you’re never supposed to choose a book by its cover, but hear me out. If it looks interesting, I read the back. I personally know that I like some types of books and not others. For example, I like to read things about the Holocaust, so when I saw the book Night, I picked it up, and read the back, I knew it was about the Holocaust, so I decided to read it. That’s what I would look for when I read the back of the book.


Another way I choose books is to open up to a random page, or in my case, I usually open up to page 23, because it is my favorite number, and read it. If this page interests me, I will usually read the book. If it doesn't, I will flip to another page. If this page doesn't interest me, I will leave the book. If it does, I read the book. This is not the way I usually choose my books, but its what I use when I have more time, like during class, and after school.


The way I choose most of my books is to look at either the Prologue or the last page of the book. I mostly use the Prologue to read, so I don’t spoil the ending,because thats the best part of course. But there is one more way I choose a book, and thats by asking my friends what they like to read, and if they have read any good books lately, or if they wanted to read a book, that I could read before them and give them feedback.

1 comment: