Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

What to choose?

There are billions and trillions of books out there so how do you choose what books to read. Well there are many ways, a few in which I use are the cover, the teaser, the first page, and the title.

Have you ever heard the saying “Don’t judge a book by its cover”, well sometimes I feel its alright to. I use the front cover sometimes to help me decide because I feel the cover should tell part of the story as well as the text inside. Covers that catch the eye have cool, bright, modern text and graphics on them.


The title is also a factor when I choose books because I like catchy titles that stick. Some catchy titles i’ve heard about and read are Plain Kate, Abduction, and Cupcake Wars. I’ve continued on with these books and found that the titles usually describe the plot or characters.

I also use the teaser to help me decide. The teaser is the text on the back cover or the inside cover of the book. It gives an overview or summary of the book. If the content is good then I would be willing to give the book a try.

The last step I do is look at the first page. The purpose of reading the first page before picking up a book is to see if there was vocabulary that would confuse me or take my attention away from the content.

There are many ways to choose books and those are the few I use.

1 comment:

  1. I myself choose books by looking at the covers. I find a lot of my books just by looking at the covers.

    ReplyDelete