Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

JUDGING A BOOK BY IT'S COVER
People are always saying “Don’t Judge a book by it’s cover!” but that may be just the right way to find a book you are really interested in! The system in which i choose the books I read is mostly based on the cover. I like the look of books with a catchy title and a picture on the front that looks kind of modern and unique. If the book doesn’t look very interesting at a first glance I probably won’t choose to read it. I usually read the teaser found on the back. The teaser just tells a little bit about the book or a portion of the book that may be an important part. It gives a little background information about the story line of the book without giving too much away. If the storyline sounds interesting, I will give it a try. At the beginning of the year when I was looking for new books to read or a new book series, I immediately wanted to read the Need series by Carrie Jones found in Mrs. Leighton’s library because the cover looked like something I would want to read and it had something captivating about it. This genre is fantasy and I have found that I really like it. I also enjoy reading realistic fiction that has a point of view from people about my age. If a book has these things I would definitely read it.
If people have recommended me a book because they really liked it, I will probably read it too and see if my opinion matches that person’s. Although if I start the book that was recommended and just the first few pages or the first chapter doesn’t intrigue me I wouldn’t continue to read the book. Julia Zavaleta is still reading a book called Modellland by Tyra Banks and she said it’s great so far, I’m thinking about using these techniques after she is done and giving that book a try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment