Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Friday, October 28, 2011

System for Choosing Books :)

System for Choosing Books
I chose books in a variety of ways. I ask friends if they read they book and what they think of it, I read the back of the book, I skim inside the pages of the book, I look at the cover, and I look for reviews of the book online.
Sometimes if I’m in the library, I will look around for books that look interesting. I know you aren’t supposed to judge a book by it’s cover, but when the cover has a picture of a rotting body or has a name like “Human Trash”, I normally would veer away from it. On the other hand, If the book has a picture of two girls back to back smiling or has a name like “Untold Secrets of the Terrible Twins” I might look into it. Providing the book cover or title seem to my interest, I might go as far as looking at the back of the book where it tells a little about the story or puts a quote down. If the back cover has nothing on the back, or short quotes from readers that just say things like “It was Fantastic!!!!!”, I will go on to skim inside of the book. Then, given I like it, my journey ends and I read it!
At this point you may be thinking “What if your not in a library and want something to read?” If I’m in that situation,I first go to the internet and look up books by authors I like, go on a random search through random books, or see if movies I liked are books so I can read the original. When I find titles I like, I may read through reviews or possibly call up a friend.
Calling up friends doesn’t always apply to when I found a title I want to know more about. You can see people everywhere reading a large variety of books. If one of my friends is reading a book that looks good to me, or they are heavily into what they are reading (you can tell this by if you have to say there name more then once to catch their attention, see their expressions change in what they read, see them reading the book any chance they can, or notice they are re-reading their book) I will ask them about their book later when they aren’t reading or busy.
These are some of the ways that I personally find books I enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Good methods. I personally would read "Human Trash."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the 'skimming though the pages' thing too!
    Kira

    ReplyDelete