Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Infamous Perfect Book

I know they say never to judge a book by its cover, but the first thing I look at is a books cover and title. Being a serial fantasy fan I almost always find myself looking at the obviously fantasy titles. I mostly look for mysteries types ghost stories are my thing so I sniff them out like a hound. So I will admit covers matter.
The second thing I do once I have found a book with a satisfying cover and title is flip it over and read the back. When I read the back I look at the main character. I like stories with a strong interesting lead. I also like a story with a good mystery. A good supernatural mystery I should say... because I find the real world a snore fest. But the one thing I really look for on the back is interesting wording and a creative story. I like something I’ve never heard before... something new and exciting.
Lastly I read the first page or two to see if I like the narration of the story. My personal favorite for narration are the Percy Jacksons I like the wit and humor Rick Riordan brings. Some stories I just can’t get into because they lack a good narrator. I think the narrator wether on of the characters or not should be just as interesting as the characters.
This is my system for finding that impossible good book. It doesn’t always work, I have enough failed attempts to tell you that, but it does work once in a while. If you want to know a secret though... the best source for a good book is probably my best friend Rady don’t you can steal her though... I’ll find you. My point is though if you really want to find a good book chances are the person sitting next to you has read one... at one point or another.

4 comments:

  1. I think it makes you kind of think when you say "if you really want to find a good book chances are the person sitting next to you has read one... at one point or another." So that is what came to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my point I don't see why people search so much when they can just ask the person next to them. Thanks Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i always confer to Klaire of Raylene or another person when i think they are (possibly) reading a book that i might find interesting

    ReplyDelete