Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

How I Choose My Books

Brian Awalt

I like to chose my own books and not be given books to read. This is some of the ways I do it. One of the ways is I pick a book if it resembles`me. By me I mean it could be intense, funny, adventurous, sporty, or a mystery. My favorite is probably intense plus a mystery. So I take a look at the cover and read the back to see if it is the kind genre like intense/mystery. So if it is that kind of genre I probably would get into it really good and try to predict things. Then it is so intense I never want to drop it. Those are my kind of books.
Another way is if it is in the mood I am in. So I might be in a real adventurous mood and want to read about a book about someone that is lost in the wilderness like when I was in 3rd grade and was in a mood like that. So I got Lost In a Mountain In Maine which turned out to be a very good book. I might be in a sporty mood so I read a good book about sports. Like when I was in 7th grade and read Look Who’s Playing Third Base and that was a good book. So those are some ways I like to chose my books.

4 comments:

  1. Good article you moody little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good judgement, Brian. I'd never thought of mood. Mine changes day by day, so I can't pick a book specifically towards that factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Way To Choose Books
    First of all, don’t think of it as complicated. You need to find a book that would catch your interest, and relates to you. Do you know your interest of genre? What kinds of things spark your immediate interest? Mystery? Fantasy or fiction?
    For me, I look for the titles that seem most interesting. Also, the front of the book says it all. Even read the back of the books. Like comments, or a small summary of the plot of the story, at least you can catch what the story consists of. Just for me, I usually look out for the things that are relative to my interests, or something that’s close to my feeling that’s in the plot. Since I'm mainly in the 'darkness' of life, I like to choose more serious, personally depressing books. I like the highlights of fantasy, such as vampires, and realistic fiction over middle school and high school life, on how to deal with some possible, future problems.

    Thanks Brian for letting me put mine in your comments!~ Yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete