Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

"The Teaser"

Finding books isn’t always the easiest thing to do. Here’s how I find captivating, interesting books that have meaning to me.
To find a book, I first look at the cover. The title is usually on the cover, and if it’s catchy, it automatically catches my attention. Also, the graphics on the front cover. If they are bright and colorful, they are appealing to the eye and make me want to read them, even if I have no clue what they’re about. The graphics on the front also give you an idea what genre the book is. If there’s a unicorn on the front, I’d assume it’s fantasy, but if it’s of a small child frowning, I’d assume it’s realistic fiction or memoir.
Next, I look to find the book teaser. It’s usually found either on the back or inside cover of the jacket. I’ll read it over, and if it sounds good, I consider reading it. Also by doing this, I get a definite idea of what genre it is. By the teaser, you can usually find reviews of the book and other titles that author is written. If there are bad reviews, I wouldn’t want to waste my time.
The last thing I do is read a couple pages or chapters into it. If the plot and characters are enticing, and the story in it’s whole is captivating to me, I will most likely read it. I find that, in my case, If I really like I book, I sort of grow an attachment to it. I never want to put it down and stop reading, and I feel a sense of loss and sorrow when It’s finished. If a small section of the book hooks me, there’s no way that I’d be able to not read it!
This system usually works for me, and I have read many great titles I’ve grown slightly obsessed with, such as the Twilight series and the House of Night novels. I find them so great, I even re read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment