Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

~Settling Into a New Book~

Okay, I’ll admit it, I have quite some trouble settling into a new book. First of all because I don’t like reading as much as I know I should. There’s really only one genre that i enjoy and that’s realistic fiction, which is a story that could just possibly happen. Though, if I was to choose I most of the time I do judge a book by it’s cover. I know that sounds bad but it’s what I’m use to. If the cover looks fascinating or “attractive” in a way I make sure to snatch it. For example, the novel I’m reading now is part of the Need Series and I how I picked that was from looking at the cover. It caught my eye when it was on the shelf, and now I am really into it!
Another strategy I use is reading the teaser, which is on the back of the book, or sometimes on the inside of the cover. It explains to the readers what the book is about in a paragraph or so and can really help you think about if it’s a good book for you or not. Usually I can decide whether or not to read it by that. If the description sounds interesting and relateable I most likely will go on and read it.
And one of my big systems is reading the first chapter or few pages. If it seems a little too easy, I probably will drop it. Though if it’s too hard I might accept it because I like the challenge. Finding books can be a problem for some, though once you find ways to and your style it becomes easier with practice.

1 comment:

  1. I like the same genre, Realistic Fiction, & I have a hard time picking out books, & I choose books by their cover too!!!

    Carly

    ReplyDelete