Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

How I choose my books

There are many ways I choose what book I will read. Often, I find a series that I have read part of, and find the rest of the books in the series (but only if I liked the first book). I will also find an author whose writing style I like, and find a list books that he/she has also written.
Another way that I choose books to read is to go on my computer and look up book lists, like top of the year, or top in a genre (for instance, Top Fantasy books of 2007). Then I choose books who seem to have an interesting plot, or that have been very highly praised by all. Then if I decide to buy this book (say, on Amazon) then there are usually a list of suggestions based on the book I bought.
Sometimes, I also choose books because someone I know said the book was good. For instance; my dad has often introduced me to new series and new authors that he has read and liked before. Most of the books that I read are found this way.

Charlie

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes try to find a book if it is part of a series I read too (if i liked the book). =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the most number of pages in a book that you have read?
    kira

    ReplyDelete