Agree or disagree??

Please give us your attention! Our views on many varied topics are insightful and worthy of your consideration. We take many positions and have reasonable and logical reasons for you to consider. You won't be sorry as a follower to our daily posts on topics we have a lot of energy around. Remain open-minded, read our positions and reasons, and make up your own minds.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Green Light to Read

Dear readers of the blog,

The way I choose a book to read is actually kinda simple. First, I take a look at the cover, see if it looks interesting. I know that you aren’t supposed to judge books by their cover, but I don’t judge the book per se, I just look to see if it seems interesting. When I find a book that intrigues me, I read the back/flaps of the jacket to see what the story is about. In my opinion, the teaser of the story is what makes or breaks whether I read that particular book. For example, Dreamcatcher by Stephen King was a really good book, and the teaser basically said that there was something going on at a hunting camp in the woods of Maine. I enjoy fantasy/science fiction books, and when there was signs of aliens in the book, that was a green light to read it.

One other way I choose to read a book is by who the author is. If I know the author and have read some of their books before and enjoyed them, chances are those books will stand out to me. After reading the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz, I then look to see what other titles were by him, and I found the Gatekeepers by him.

The way of choosing books varies from person to person, but the way I choose is very effective for me. I hope that you found my steps helpful in searching for your next read.


Sincerely, Gordon Thomas

1 comment: